Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mid-point ultrasound & scary rocker horse :]

First, I just wanted to say that the comments on the last post were great thoughts on childcare but I realized what I wrote (oops) sounded like my MIL could keep the baby full-time and I turned her down.  For several reasons, she would only be able to keep the baby 1-2 days a week unless we were in a real bind.  It would be ideal if I could find someone (or a great daycare) 2-3 days during the week  and the grandparents could do the other time... so I'll be praying for the right person or situation to cross our path in the next few months:]

Earlier this week we had our mid-point anatomy ultrasound...un-believable... and I'm beyond thankful that we've made it this far!  Surreal.  They scanned the brain, heart, arms, legs, boy parts, profile, bladder and he posed for each shot, lol.  The u/s tech called him Mr. Photogenic and I told her I hope that would be true after he gets here because I love to take pictures!  My mom has already brought up that too much flash may hurt his eyes...gracious... let the advice begin, right?   I have to show y'all one of my favorites... doesn't it look like he's flexing his muscles and showing out already?

It was a fun appointment and made things feel a little more real for us.  We won't get to see him again via u/s for several weeks so I hope that he starts moving around in there more frequently.  I also got blood drawn for what Dr. B6 called the 'quad screening' which checks for levels of four substances that indicate risk of Down's Syndrome, spina bifida, or Trisomy 18.  Dr. B6 says he doesn't see anything that causes concern and the main reason for the test would be knowledge and preparation if something did come back abnormal (which would mean more testing).  It's always nerve wrecking waiting on test results but I have a peace about everything.  I think the next test coming up is the one for gestational diabetes and then maybe I'll have those kinds of things behind me for the rest of the pregnancy.

Lastly, remember this post about scary rocker horse?  I promised a picture when it came to live with us and it now resides in the basement for the time being.  It didn't scare the dogs so maybe we'll be in luck when it comes to the baby:]  However, I rounded the corner last night and my heart nearly flew out of my chest... and I knew it was there!!!  What do y'all think?    That's real human hair, people.  Baby's friend or foe???

12 bytes:

A m a n d a said...

Jesus! That picture scared the crap out of me!!! (the horse, not your baby lol)

So happy things are continuing to progress normally for you!

Bridget said...

That is the cutset u/s picture I have ever seen and the scariest horse I have ever seen!!

waiting and wishing said...

oh my goodness that is the scariest horse I've ever seen... and he looks like he is smiling or talking. If you keep him around I think he deserves to be called Mr. Ed :)

Jos said...

Horse = scary.

Glad your appointment went well! Love the flexing. :)

Krista said...

DO NOT let your baby near that horse! I repeat....DO NOT let the baby near that horse! That thing is so scary!!!

I LOVE the ultrasound pic! So amazing!!!!

Christina said...

Great u/s pic! Scary horse.

E and R said...

Awesome ultrasound pic - definitely posing for the camera!
The horse is downright scary.

♥ Cass & Shane said...

Hello.. I came across your blog while browsing some of the ones I read. Congrats on your pregnancy what a great picture that U/S is!!

and WOW that horse is VERY scary!!

~ebc~ said...

thanks for the nightmares, horse. wow! good luck with that..what if you painted it boy colors and made it more cartoon colored than realistic colored...maybe that would take the horror level down a few notches??

Marianne said...

Please don't let your cute baby anywhere near that horse :)

Baby Hopes said...

Your little boy is SO ADORABLE!!! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Sweet mercy of all - I'm going to have nightmares from that horse. I think it's the teeth and the eyes. But sweet heavens... no. Kind and generous thought for all the work into it, but no. Had I come across it as you had, there would have been quite the uproar in the Mech/Baby Hopes household!!!

LTG you know me... said...

Keep the baby away from the horse... he'll never become a cowboy with that thing around!!!